Tony Bennett Books HSN Concert
The singer will give a one-hour performance on Sept. 10 to promote his "Duets II" album.
Tony Bennett is performing on HSN for the first time ever to promote his Duets II album.
The singer's one-hour concert is set for Sept. 10 and starts at 7 p.m. ET on the shopping channel. Fans who pre-order Duets II through HSN will receive the 17-song compilation and a Tony Bennett Live bonus CD.
HSN previously teamed with Rod Stewart, Randy Travis and Due Voce with Diane Warren for similar promotions; Stewart sold 30,000 units of Fly Me to the Moon...The Great American Songbook Volume V in one hour after his appearance in Sept. 2010.
Sandy Conrad, SVP of Merchandising for HSN said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, “Keeping HSN current and relevant while entertaining our customers is a core component of our entertainment strategy. Welcoming Tony Bennett for the launch of his new Duets II CD collection gives us the chance to provide our customers an exclusive opportunity to connect with one of the world’s greatest talents.”
Duets II is due in stores Sept. 20. Bennett duets with performers such as John Mayer, Queen Latifah, Carrie Underwood and Lady Gaga on the collection. His collaboration with Amy Winehouse, "Body and Soul," will be released as a charity single, with proceeds to go directly to a charity started by Winehouse's father Mitch after her July 23 death.
Before Winehouse died, Bennett told the U.K.'s Guardian that she was his favorite collaborator on the project, "You know Amy Winehouse was my favorite to perform with on the whole album. Every great artist I ever met, Frank Sinatra, Lena Horne, Pearl Bailey, they'd always have the butterflies. And Amy Winehouse was like that, she was always apprehensive of what was going to happen."
Fans are encouraged to leave Bennett a birthday message via HSN.com. Posts may be aired during Bennett's HSN special.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Aerosmith's 'Dream On' Performed To Honor Boston Marathon Victims And Survivors (VIDEO)
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"