'Top Model,' 'The Chew' Crewmember Killed in Robbery
"He was a beloved member of our team, and we extend our deepest sympathies to his family and friends," ABC said of Ivan Giovanettina.
Ivan Giovanettina, who worked as prop supervisor on ABC’s The Chew, was killed in Brooklyn during what is believed to have been an attempted robbery. The 41-year-old previously worked on The Tyra Banks Show as art director and as set decorator on America’s Next Top Model.
A witness reported seeing Giovanettina chasing two darkly clad men down Bedford-Stuyvesant street Jan. 10. One of the men turned and fired on the victim, hitting him in the stomach, The New York Daily News reported. Emergency crews were called, but he was later pronounced dead at Kings County Hospital.
ABC released a statement after Giovanettina's death:
“We are shocked and saddened to learn of Ivan Giovanettina’s untimely death. He was a beloved member of our team, and we extend our deepest sympathies to his family and friends.”
No arrests have been made, and police have released surveillance footage of two suspects.
In addition to his work on The Chew and The Tyra Banks Show, Giovanettina’s credits include art direction duties on SOAPnet’s Soap Talk as well as on the game show To Tell the Truth.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR