Toronto 2011: Commercials Director Regan Hall to Make Big Screen Debut With 'Fast Girls'
Project touted in Toronto by Ealing Metro; Studio Canal has U.K. rights
LONDON – Commercials director Regan Hall’s big screen debut Fast Girls, a London-set sports drama, being put together in time for release ahead of next year’s British captial-set Olympics 2012, will be touted to buyers at Toronto.
Veteran British producer Damian Jones will produce the project, co-scripted by actor, writer and director Noel Clarke.
Jay Basu and Roy Williams are the other writers on the project, which has been developed by the British Film Institute.
The script details the story of a streetwise runner who meets an ambitious rich kid athlete whose fierce rivalry reaches breaking point as they strive to make it to the top.
Ealing Metro International will handle sales duties on the title, currently in pre-production. Casting is not finalized. Backers hope it will shoot in London in November this year.
Studio Canal has already pre-bought U.K. rights to the film and aims to roll it out in theaters in the U.K. release prior to next year’s Olympics in London.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR