Toronto 2011: Commercials Director Regan Hall to Make Big Screen Debut With 'Fast Girls'
Project touted in Toronto by Ealing Metro; Studio Canal has U.K. rights
LONDON – Commercials director Regan Hall’s big screen debut Fast Girls, a London-set sports drama, being put together in time for release ahead of next year’s British captial-set Olympics 2012, will be touted to buyers at Toronto.
Veteran British producer Damian Jones will produce the project, co-scripted by actor, writer and director Noel Clarke.
Jay Basu and Roy Williams are the other writers on the project, which has been developed by the British Film Institute.
The script details the story of a streetwise runner who meets an ambitious rich kid athlete whose fierce rivalry reaches breaking point as they strive to make it to the top.
Ealing Metro International will handle sales duties on the title, currently in pre-production. Casting is not finalized. Backers hope it will shoot in London in November this year.
Studio Canal has already pre-bought U.K. rights to the film and aims to roll it out in theaters in the U.K. release prior to next year’s Olympics in London.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)