Toronto 2011: Guillermo del Toro and 'Pacific Rim' to Take Over Pinewood Toronto Studios
No second unit means Warner Bros.' monsters vs. mechas action movie will shoot on five of the seven sound stages at the Toronto mega-studio.
TORONTO -- Guillermo del Toro flying solo on Pacific Rim means the Hollywood director is about to take over Pinewood Toronto Studios.
The mechas vs. monsters movie from Legendary Pictures has scheduled 132 shooting days on five of the seven soundstages at the Toronto mega-studio from October 2011 to May 2012.
It turns out del Toro will not have a second unit on Pacific Rim, as the tentpole picture is known.
So he’ll be constantly shuttling between the five soundstages at Pinewood Toronto so he can shoot the picture with a single vision.
Pacific Rim, which stars Charlie Hunnam, Charlie Day and Idris Elba, is slated for a July 21, 2013 release date by Warner Bros.
The monster movie sees a powerful extraterrestrial force threaten the Earth's existence, with humans uniting to fight them off.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty