Toronto 2011: Guillermo del Toro and 'Pacific Rim' to Take Over Pinewood Toronto Studios
No second unit means Warner Bros.' monsters vs. mechas action movie will shoot on five of the seven sound stages at the Toronto mega-studio.
TORONTO -- Guillermo del Toro flying solo on Pacific Rim means the Hollywood director is about to take over Pinewood Toronto Studios.
The mechas vs. monsters movie from Legendary Pictures has scheduled 132 shooting days on five of the seven soundstages at the Toronto mega-studio from October 2011 to May 2012.
It turns out del Toro will not have a second unit on Pacific Rim, as the tentpole picture is known.
So he’ll be constantly shuttling between the five soundstages at Pinewood Toronto so he can shoot the picture with a single vision.
Pacific Rim, which stars Charlie Hunnam, Charlie Day and Idris Elba, is slated for a July 21, 2013 release date by Warner Bros.
The monster movie sees a powerful extraterrestrial force threaten the Earth's existence, with humans uniting to fight them off.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2