Toronto 2011: IFC Films Picks Up '4:44 Last Day on Earth'
Abel Ferrara's film stars Willem Dafoe, "Boardwalk Empire's" Paz de la Huerta and Natasha Lyonne.
Following up on its acquisition of Midnight Madness title The Incident, IFC Films has picked up the North American rights to 4:44 Last Day on Earth, the latest pic from Abel Ferrara.
The movie premiered at the Venice Film Festival and will screen at the upcoming New York Film Festival; the deal was announced at TIFF.
The ensemble drama stars Willem Dafoe, Shanyn Leigh, Paz de la Huerta and Natasha Lyonne and takes a look at how people would react knowing Earth¹s final hour was approaching. It has been described as a "mournful valentine" to New York.
The movie was produced by Fabula, Funny Balloons and Wild Bunch. Ferrara wrote the screenplay.
Wild Bunch repped the movie in the deal.
IFC's genre arm IFC Midnight picked up the North American rights to the horror movie The Incident.
The movie premiered Monday night, where a couple of audience members reportedly fainted due to the intense violence in the movie.
Directed by Alexandre Courtes, the movie follows a trio of cooks who get trapped with inmates at an asylum for the criminally insane during a storm.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR