Toronto 2011: Myriad Picks Up Rob Lowe's 'Knife Fight' for International Sales
Political satire also stars Julie Bowen, Carrie-Anne Moss, Eric McCormack and Richard Schiff.
Myriad Pictures will handle the international sales of the Rob Lowe political satire Knife Fight.
Bill Guttentag directed and co-wrote the pic, which also stars Julie Bowen, Jamie Chung, Carrie-Anne Moss, Eric McCormack and Richard Schiff.
The film follows three political candidates running for public office, with Lowe as a hard-ball political crisis manager in the middle of some dirty campaigns, Chung his smart administrative aid, and Bowen a hot shot reporter who sleeps her way to major news stories.
Political consultant Chris Lehane, who was a White House advisor to President Bill Clinton and later acted as Al Gore's press secretary. co-wrote the script with Guttentag.
Myriad’s Kirk D’Amico is hoping to capitalize on 2012 being an election year in the U.S. and was careful to add it can play to both sides of the political spectrum: “Chris' script is especially non-partisan in that it skewers politicians on both sides of the aisle.”
Myriad plans to create a trailer for the American Film Market in November. The film will be ready to screen for the early 2012 festival season.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR