Toronto 2011: Sierra/Affinity to Shop English-Language Remake 'Loft'
Erik Van Looy's remake of his 2008 Belgium film stars Karl Urban, James Marsden, Wentworth Miller, Eric Stonestreet and Matthias Schoenaerts.
Nick Meyer and Marc Schaberg’s Sierra/Affinity has added Erik Van Looy’s English-language remake Loft to its Toronto market sales slate.
Looey also directed the original 2008 Belgium thriller, about five married men whose fantasy hideaway -- where they retreat for sexual indiscretions -- turns nightmarish when they discover the dead body of an unknown women.
With only five keys to the loft, friendships are tested, loyalties fade and marriages crumble as the mystery is revealed.
Loft, now in post-production, stars Karl Urban, James Marsden, Wentworth Miller, Eric Stonestreet and Matthias Schoenaerts.
Steve Golin, Paul Green, Matt DeRoss and Adam Shulman produced via their Anonymous Content banner, along with original Loft producer Hilde DeLaere of Belgium production company Woestijnvis.
Wesley Strick wrote the U.S. remake, based on the original script by Bart De Pauw. Isabel Lucas, Rhona Mitra and Rachel Taylor also star.
The remake has already sold to Square One Entertainment in Germany.
At Toronto, Sierra/Affinity continues to sell international rights to Filth, and plans to show footage of Derek Cianfrance’s generational thriller The Place Beyond the Pines, starring Ryan Gosling and Bradley Cooper.
Sierra/Affinity also is the international sales agent on high-profile L.A. cop thriller Rampart, which is premiering at the festival.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty