Toronto 2012: Atlas Takes Nick Cassavetes‘ ‘Yellow’ for World Sales
The drama stars about a teacher who escapes from reality into a bizarre fantasy world stars Heather Wahlquist, Sienna Miller, Melanie Griffith and Ray Liotta.
TORONTO – German production and sales group Atlas International has taken on international rights for Yellow, the new film from Nick Cassavetes (The Notebook).
The drama stars Cassavetes’ wife Heather Wahlquist as Mary Holmes, a substitute teacher who escapes from the hum-drum reality of her life by imagining wild and bizarre fantasy worlds. Yellow’s ensemble cast also includes Sienna Miller, Melanie Griffith, Ray Liotta, Gena Rowlands and David Morse. Manu Kumaran, CEO of Medient Studios, produced.
“We are thrilled to be associated with this film, its filmmaker and its producer,” said Philipp Menz, CEO of Atlas International. “We fell in love with this film the minute we saw it, and are honored to bring this to distributors worldwide and their local audiences, who are more and more hungry for sophisticated entertainment.”
Atlas is introducing Yellow to buyers at the Toronto International Film Festival. ICM is handling domestic distribution rights.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)