Toronto 2012: AV Pictures Offer Buyers Metallica Quest Movie
William Spicer and James Moore's film about an autistic boy's real life ambitions to meet the rock band's drummer Lars Ulrich is being touted for the first time in Toronto.
LONDON – U.K. based sales outfit AV Pictures is offering buyers in Toronto Mission To Lars, a big screen project featuring Metallica.
The project, produced and directed by William Spicer and James Moore sees two siblings -- Kate and William Spicer -- film their attempt to fulfil their brother Tom’s dream of meeting Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich.
Tom Spicer has Fragile X Syndrome, a form of autism and his unshakeable quest to meet the drummer is billed as funny and touching.
The movie opened on a limited U.K. theatrical run in June this year with selected cinemas holding charity screening events in aid of Mencap.
AV Pictures, which is also selling Toronto official selection title Jump, is to launch global sales on Lars at the Canadian festival.
AV Pictures sales and acquisitions director Caroline Couret-Delègue said: “We were all profoundly moved by Tom’s story and are proud to be representing such an uplifting real-life feature.”
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott