Toronto 2012: AV Pictures Offer Buyers Metallica Quest Movie
William Spicer and James Moore's film about an autistic boy's real life ambitions to meet the rock band's drummer Lars Ulrich is being touted for the first time in Toronto.
LONDON – U.K. based sales outfit AV Pictures is offering buyers in Toronto Mission To Lars, a big screen project featuring Metallica.
The project, produced and directed by William Spicer and James Moore sees two siblings -- Kate and William Spicer -- film their attempt to fulfil their brother Tom’s dream of meeting Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich.
Tom Spicer has Fragile X Syndrome, a form of autism and his unshakeable quest to meet the drummer is billed as funny and touching.
The movie opened on a limited U.K. theatrical run in June this year with selected cinemas holding charity screening events in aid of Mencap.
AV Pictures, which is also selling Toronto official selection title Jump, is to launch global sales on Lars at the Canadian festival.
AV Pictures sales and acquisitions director Caroline Couret-Delègue said: “We were all profoundly moved by Tom’s story and are proud to be representing such an uplifting real-life feature.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR