Toronto 2012: Canada's VVS Films Acquires 'Spring Breakers'
Harmony Korine's indie pic that stars Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens had its North American premiere at TIFF, after bowing in Venice.
TORONTO - Canadian distributor VVS Films has acquired all Canadian rights to Harmony Korine’s Spring Breakers, which stars James Franco, Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens.
The Canadian distribution deal follows the risqué film about one-time Disney girls gone wild receiving a North American premiere last week in Toronto after a Venice bow.
The deal was negotiated by Harry Grivakis for VVS Films, and Ted Field and Mike Weber for Radar Pictures.
Annapurna Pictures earlier picked up the U.S rights to Spring Breakers, which is set for a 2013 release.
VVS Films also picked up the Canadian rights to Red Granite Pictures and Mandalay Pictures’ Horn, directed by Alexandre Aja, and David Grovic’s crime thriller Motel, which stars John Cusack and Robert DeNiro.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underage Boy
- Jennifer Lopez is a Sexy Slice of Orange on 'American Idol'!
- Mila Kunis & Olivia Wilde Take Us on an Emotional Roller Coaster in 'Third Person' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Justin Bieber Makes Time to Show His Gratitude To Fans in Beverly Hills!