Toronto 2012: Canada's VVS Films Acquires 'Spring Breakers'
Harmony Korine's indie pic that stars Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens had its North American premiere at TIFF, after bowing in Venice.
TORONTO - Canadian distributor VVS Films has acquired all Canadian rights to Harmony Korine’s Spring Breakers, which stars James Franco, Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens.
The Canadian distribution deal follows the risqué film about one-time Disney girls gone wild receiving a North American premiere last week in Toronto after a Venice bow.
The deal was negotiated by Harry Grivakis for VVS Films, and Ted Field and Mike Weber for Radar Pictures.
Annapurna Pictures earlier picked up the U.S rights to Spring Breakers, which is set for a 2013 release.
VVS Films also picked up the Canadian rights to Red Granite Pictures and Mandalay Pictures’ Horn, directed by Alexandre Aja, and David Grovic’s crime thriller Motel, which stars John Cusack and Robert DeNiro.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kaley Cuoco Cuts Her Hair Short, Debuts Blonder Bob Hairdo!
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Bring 'Spider-Man' to 'GMA,' Get Us Really Pumped for the Movie!
- Beyonce Explores Concept of Beauty in 'Pretty Hurts' Video Premiere - Watch Now!
- Third 'Hobbit' Film 'There and Back Again' Renamed to 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'