Toronto 2012: Casey Walker's 'A Little Bit Zombie' Sold to Germany and Japan
Ascot-Elite Entertainment will release the Canadian genre pic in German theaters, while New Select picked up the Japanese home entertainment rights.
TORONTO – The Canadian zombie rom-com A Little Bit Zombie has been acquired by Ascot-Elite Entertainment Group for Germany and New Select for Japan.
Casey Walker’s comedy about a likable HR manager who catches a virus and must elude a zombie hunter to wed his bridezilla-to-be will be released theatrically by Ascot-Elite in 2013.
Japan’s New Select picked up the home entertainment rights to A Little Bit Zombie, which stars Shawn Roberts, Kristopher Turner, Crystal Lowe, Kristen Hager, Emilie Ullerup and Stephen McHattie (Watchmen).
The Canadian indie was co-written by Christopher Bond and Trevor Martin, and produced by Walker, John Griffith, Tyman Stewart and Dave Watson.
“A Little Bit Zombie is a fantastic discovery. It’s funny, dark, and is a new twist on the zombie genre, and we’re looking forward to releasing it next year,” Stephan Geiger, COO of Ascot-Elite Entertainment, said after adding the Canadian pic to other Toronto titles on its slate like Looper, The Perks of Being a Wallflower and Cloud Atlas.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR