Toronto 2012: 108 Media Picks Up International Rights to 'RastaFEARian,' Starring Christian Slater
The Darius Films project by director Sara Lohman portrays an out-of-control film producer sparing no one to get his project made.
TORONTO - Canadian sales agent 108 Media has picked up the world distribution rights to the Christian Slater-starrer RastaFEARian from Darius Films.
The indie, directed by Sara Lohman, has Slater playing an out-of-control film producer sparing no one to get his project off the ground.
RastaFEARian is the follow-up to Lohman’s feature debut Welcome Back Satan, about a film crew following Satan in his natural habitat.
Nicholas Tabarrok’s Darius Films is in post production on Jonathan Sobol’s heist comedy The Black Marks, which stars Kurt Russell, Matt Dillon and Jay Baruchel.
Tabarrok also produced Sobol’s A Beginner’s Guide to Endings, which stars Harvey Keitel and Scott Caan.
“Written in the vein of American Psycho, it's a perfect addition to our slate. It's edgy and has an international star like Slater, who plays a role in this film that harks back to his classic hits such as True Romance,” said 108 Media CEO Abhi Rastogi.
The distribution deal for RastaFEARian also follows 108 Media pacting with Mark Urman’s Paladin to jointly distribute films in North America.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR