Toronto 2012: Entertainment One Secures Foreign Sales for 'The F Word' and 'Song for Marion'
The Daniel Radcliffe rom-com has been sold to Germany, Russia, Latin America and the Benelux, while Paul Andrew Williams' latest work is headed to Italy, South Africa and Korea.
TORONTO – Entertainment One has sold the Daniel Radcliffe-starrer The F Word to Germany, Russia, Latin America and the Benelux.
Coming out of the Toronto International Film Festival, the Canadian distributor said the rom-com sold to Telepool in Germany, Russian distributor Carmen, Sun Distribution in Latin America and eOne in the Benelux.
Other TIFF sales included The F Word going to Turkey’s Mars Concept, Frontrow in the Middle East and India’s Pictureworks.
The film by Canadian director Mike Dowse (Goon) was previously sold to eOne in Canada and the U.K.
The Canadian distributor also sold Paul Andrew Williams’ Song for Marion, which stars Terence Stamp, Vanessa Redgrave, Gemma Arterton and Christopher Eccleston, to Lucky Red in Italy, South Africa’s Videovision and United Entertainment Korea in Korea.
A deal is also near to closing for Scandinavia.
Song for Marion was earlier sold to The Weinstein Company in the U.S., eOne in the U.K., and eOne/Hopscotch in Australia.
Territorial sales for the picture have already been made for Japan, Germany, Spain, Benelux and elsewhere in Europe.
Following its proposed takeover of Alliance Films, the Canadian mini-studio is aiming to follow Lionsgate and negotiate multi-territory deals for rights on features like The F Word and Song for Marion.
“As the team continues to build relationships with leading content providers, we’re able to secure top product from around the world for our portfolio and deliver it to key international distributors,” Sally Caplan, managing director of Entertainment One Films International, said Tuesday in a statement.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofia Vergara Flaunts Amazing Bikini Body & Rock Hard Abs for 'Women's Health'! (Exclusive Pic)
- January Jones & Christina Hendricks: Ladies of 'Mad Men' Help Launch Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08
- Jenny McCarthy & Donnie Wahlberg Engaged, Announce News on 'The View' - See Her Engagement Ring Here!
- Tori Spelling Speaks for First Time About Unfaithful Husband Dean McDermott