Toronto 2012: First Run Features Buys U.S. Rights to Peter Mettler's 'The End of Time'
The Canadian filmmaker's latest movie is the third in a trilogy that started with "Picture of Light" and was followed by "Gambling, Gods & LSD."
TORONTO – First Run Features has snapped up the U.S. rights to Peter Mettler’s The End of Time after it screened this week at the Toronto International Film Festival.
“I've been a fan of Peter for many years, and am very pleased that we will work side by side on the release of his wondrous, thought-provoking new film,” Marc Mauceri, vp of First Run Features, said Thursday after his deal with the National Film Board of Canada, the sales agent, was unveiled.
Mettler’s meditation on perceptions of time was also picked up by Palace Films in Australia and Against Gravity in Poland.
The End of Time was produced by Cornelia Seitler, Brigitte Hofer, Ingrid Veninger and Gerry Flahive.
Earlier sales of the Canadian film were secured with Switzerland’s Look Now! and Canada’s Mongrel Media.
The End of Time bowed in competition in Locarno, where it won the Premio Qualita di Vita Prize for best environmental film.
The movie is the third in a trilogy taht began with Picture of Light, and was followed by Gambling, Gods & LSD.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Emmy Rossum & Zoey Deutch Celebrate with Jimmy Choo at their CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Zoe Saldana Is Pregnant with Fear in 'Rosemary's Baby' Trailer!
- Television Legend Valerie Harper 'Absolutely Cancer Free' After Battle with Terminal Brain Cancer
- Keri Russell's 'The Americans' Renewed for Third Season by FX!