Toronto 2012: Metropolitan Films Take 'The Land of Hope' for France
The film about impact of the Fukushima disaster on a Japanese family premieres in Toronto on Friday.
TORONTO -- Metropolitan Films have snached up French distribution rights to The Land of Hope, a drama from Japanese director Sion Sono set in the wake of the Fukushima nuclear disaster.
The film, which Metropolitan secured from Japan's The Pictures Department, has its world premiere in the World Contemporary Cinema section of the Toronto International Film Festival on Friday. Sono will attend the Toronto screening.
The Land of Hope focuses on a Japanese family whose lives are torn apart following the explosion of a nuclear power plant in their city. The film bows in Japan Oct. 20.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR