Toronto 2012: Michel Gondry's 'The We and the I' Sells to Paladin and 108 Media
The Bronx tale bowed in Cannes before making its North American debut at TIFF this week.
TORONTO - 108 Media and Paladin have acquired all North American rights to Michel Gondry's The We and the I from Kinology, marking their first acquisition since pacting to jointly distribute films in North America.
The film opened the Directors' Fortnight in Cannes, before making its North American bow this week at the Toronto International Film Festival.
108 Media and Paladin plans an early March opening in New York and Toronto for The We and The I, before expanding to other major markets.
The ensemble cast for the drama about a group of Bronx high schoolers who board a city bus on their way home includes Michael Brodie, Teresa Lynn, Laidychen Carrasco, Raymond Delgado, Jonathan Ortiz, Jonathan Worrell and Alex Barrios.
Urman and Rastogi negotiated the deal with WME Global, who represented Gondry and producers Georges Bermann, Julie Fong and Raffi Adlan.
Acquiring The We and the I brings the 108-Paladin release slate to six titles, including the documentary Buffalo Girls to open in New York and Los Angeles in December, as part of its Academy-qualifying run.
The Toronto International Film Festival runs through Sept. 16.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David