Toronto 2012: Millennium Entertainment Takes Josh Boone's 'Writers'
The first-time filmmaker's dramedy stars Greg Kinnear, Jennifer Connelly and Lily Collins.
Millennium Entertainment will bring first-time filmmaker Josh Boone's Writers to the big screen.
As the Toronto International Film Festival wound down, the busy distributor scooped up U.S. rights to the dramedy, which Boone also wrote.
The CAA-packaged film stars Greg Kinnear, Jennifer Connelly, Lily Collins, Logan Lerman, Nat Wolff, Liana Liberato and Kriten Bell.
The story centers on an acclaimed writer, his ex-wife and their teenaged children who come to terms with the complexities of love in all its forms over the course of one tumultuous year.
Informant Media's Judy Cairo (Crazy Heart) produced, while Michael A. Simpson and Eric Brenner executive produced for the company. Lisa Wilson, Myles Nestle, Patrick Dugan, Jeff Rice, Dale Johnson, Julie May, Glenn Murray and Mike Ilitch Jr. also exec produced.
“Boone is truly a breakout talent who wrote an endearingly funny and deeply touching story, said Millennium CEO Bill Lee. "This all-star cast really brought his screenplay to life."
The deal comes on the heels of a flurry of recent acquisitions struck by Millennium, including such films as The Paperboy, Little Birds and The Babymakers.
The Solution is handing international sales for Writers. Millennium VP of acquisitions Tristen Tuckfield negotiated the deal on behalf of the distributor. Elsa Ramo negotiated on behalf of Informant.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR