Toronto 2012: Mitchell Akselrad to Adapt the Short 'The Gate' for Big Screen (Exclusive)
Matt Westrup, who directed the original short, is producing the film for Wayfare.
Wayfare Entertainment has tapped Mitchell Akselrad to adapt the acclaimed short The Gate for the big screen.
The New York-based company is financing and producing the project.
Matt Westrup, who directed the original short, is producing alongside Spencer Friend. Wayfare’s Ben Browning and Sarah Shepard also are producing. Michael Maher will executive produce.
Wayfare’s upcoming slate includes the David Slade-helmed Villain and an adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s best-selling fantasy novel The Graveyard Book for Disney. The company is also in post-production on Sebastian Cordero’s The Europa Report, starring Sharlto Copley.
Akselrad’s screenplay credits include Agent, which is being developed by New Regency, and The Turn, which was sold to AMC.
He is repped by CAA and Fourth Floor.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR