Toronto 2012: Mitchell Akselrad to Adapt the Short 'The Gate' for Big Screen (Exclusive)
Matt Westrup, who directed the original short, is producing the film for Wayfare.
Wayfare Entertainment has tapped Mitchell Akselrad to adapt the acclaimed short The Gate for the big screen.
The New York-based company is financing and producing the project.
Matt Westrup, who directed the original short, is producing alongside Spencer Friend. Wayfare’s Ben Browning and Sarah Shepard also are producing. Michael Maher will executive produce.
Wayfare’s upcoming slate includes the David Slade-helmed Villain and an adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s best-selling fantasy novel The Graveyard Book for Disney. The company is also in post-production on Sebastian Cordero’s The Europa Report, starring Sharlto Copley.
Akselrad’s screenplay credits include Agent, which is being developed by New Regency, and The Turn, which was sold to AMC.
He is repped by CAA and Fourth Floor.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills