Toronto 2012: Participant Media Taps Palestinian PM Salam Fayyad to Launch 'State 194'
The veteran politician will appear at the festival alongside director Dan Setton.
TORONTO – Palestinian Authority prime minister Salam Fayyad is headed to the Toronto International Film Festival to push his case for Palestinian statehood, via the United Nations.
Fayyad will appear alongside Emmy award-winning director Dan Setton at a Sept. 11 press conference for State 194, the Participant Media documentary about the Palestinian politicians’ push for UN membership.
The film, produced by Elise Pearlstein and executive produced by Jeff Skoll and Diane Weyermann, follows Fayyad as he campaigns for Palestine to become the UN’s 194th state.
His appearance at the festival will once again thrust Toronto into the middle of the Palestinian-Israeli quagmire, three years after TIFF came under fire for selecting Tel Aviv as the subject of its inaugural City-to-City sidebar.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)