Toronto 2012: Robin Nielsen and Viv Leacock Topline ‘Big Hairy Movie’
The grand-nephew of the late Leslie Nielsen plays a Toronto exec reunited in his hometown with two friends.
TORONTO - Robin Nielsen, the late Leslie Nielsen's grand-nephew, is starring in David Hicks’ buddy comedy Big Hairy Movie, now shooting in Vancouver andinterior British Columbia.
Nielsen plays a junior executive in a Toronto law firm reunited in his hometown with two old friends, played by Viv Leacock and James Wallis.
Nielsen has mostly done TV work out of Vancouver, including roles in Om Sweet Om, Fringe and Psych.
Big Hairy Movie, which is based on a story by Ian Simpson and Catherine Allen, marks his breakout movie role.
Hicks is directing the theatrical comedy from an original screenplay written by David Chiavegato and Richard Pryce-Jones.
Katharine Isabelle, Karin Konoval and Garry Chalk round out the ensemble cast for the indie, executive produced by Jeff Sackman (American Psycho) and Michael Baker.
Laurie Maxwell and Shel Piercy are producing, with Alliance Films to release the picture domestically in 2013.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR