Toronto 2012: Tom Wilkinson Joins Joel Edgerton's 'Felony'
Edgerton wrote the screenplay and will produce and star, while Matthew Saville will direct.
Tom Wilkinson has joined the cast of the thriller Felony.
The film, which will star Joel Edgerton, is being produced by Solution Entertainment Group’s Lisa Wilson and Myles Nestel alongside Goalpost Pictures Australia’s Rosemary Blight. Edgerton is also producing via his Blue-Tongue Films banner.
Driving home after a celebration drink with his team after the long waited bust of a major gang, a decorated police officer (Edgerton) runs a young cyclist off the road. As he gives CPR to the child, fellow officers arrive to take his statement. In a split second decision he tells them a lie about the accident that will change all their lives in this edge of your seat thriller. Wilkinson will play the lead police investigator who arrives on the scene following the accident.
The film is set to start shooting in late October. Matthew Saville (Noise) is directing from a script by Edgerton.
The Solution arranged the financing for the film and is selling international rights at the Toronto International Film Festival.
Felony will be distributed in Australia and New Zealand by Roadshow Films.
CAA is handling U.S. rights.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Neil Patrick Harris is the Theatrical Man of the Year at Hasty Pudding Awards!
- President Barack Obama & Zach Galifianakis Throw Insults Back & Forth for 'Between Two Ferns' (Video)
- Kristen Bell Makes a Switcheroo for 'Veronica Mars' Premiere After Party!
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting