Toronto 2012: Two Indie Firms Partner to Release Matteo Garrone's 'Reality' in U.K.
Britain's Independent Distribution and Fandango Porotobello join forces to distribute the movie in December.
LONDON – Independent Distribution, a division of U.K. based sales, finance and distribution banner Independent, has joined forces with fellow British financiers and sales label Fandango Portobello to co-release Matteo Garrone's Reality in the U.K.
The movie stars Aniello Arena, Loredana Simioli and Nando Paone and is set to open in the U.K. on Dec. 14.
The film is billed as a take on the world of Big Brother and delves in to the darker side of reality TV as it follows the extreme lengths some people will go to for their five minutes of fame.
The unique collaborative distribution deal between the two was announced by Independent CEO Luc Roeg from this year's Toronto Film Festival.
The deal was negotiated by Roeg for Independent and Janine Gold of Fandango Portobello.
The rollout of the film in the U.K. will be led by the newly appointed heads of distribution, Sarah Townsend and Stefanie Fahrion.
Townsend, who has been at Independent as head of marketing in the international sales team for the last six years now takes the role of head of distribution and marketing.
She will work alongside Fahrion, who is promoted to co-run the business as head of distribution and acquisitions.
Roeg said he hopes the move will "drive Independent Distribution to the next level."
Gold added: “This is the perfect opportunity for us to explore expanding into distribution in the U.K., which we have been contemplating for some time."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game