Toronto 2012: Well Go USA Takes U.S. Rights to Chinese Remake 'Dangerous Liaisons'
The deal comes as the Zhang Ziyi and Jang Dong-gun-starring adaptation of the French novel has its North American premiere Monday night in Toronto.
TORONTO - Arclight Films’ Asian arm Easternlight has sold the Chinese-language romantic-thriller Dangerous Liaisons to Well Go USA.
The acquisition comes as the remake by Chinese-Korean director Hur Jin-Ho, with Zhang Ziyi and Jang Dong-gun in the starring roles, has its North American premiere on Monday night in Toronto at Roy Thomson Hall.
The latest big screen adaptation of the French novel Les Liaisons Dangereuses by Pierre Choderlos de Laclos debuted in Cannes.
“Dangerous Liaisons is the perfect addition to our ever-expanding slate of diverse and innovative entertainment,” Doris Pfardrescher, president of Well Go USA Entertainment, said Saturday as the deal was unveiled.
Ying Ye, managing director of Easternlight, repped the film in the U.S. along with Cassian Elwes.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underage Boy
- Jennifer Lopez is a Sexy Slice of Orange on 'American Idol'!
- Mila Kunis & Olivia Wilde Take Us on an Emotional Roller Coaster in 'Third Person' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Justin Bieber Makes Time to Show His Gratitude To Fans in Beverly Hills!