Toronto: A24 Nabs U.S. Rights to Scarlett Johansson Starrer 'Under the Skin'
UPDATED: As this deal was nearly closed, CBS Films also was in final negotiations to pick up the Daniel Radcliffe-starrer "The F Word."
TORONTO -- For the second time at the Toronto Film Festival, A24 has struck a deal for a star vehicle.
The upstart distributor behind Spring Breakers, The Bling Ring and The Spectacular Now has acquired U.S. rights to the Scarlett Johansson starrer Under the Skin.
CBS Films is also in final negotiations to pick up the Daniel Radcliffe-starrer The F Word.
Jonathan Glazer directed the sci-fi thriller about a voracious alien seductress (Johansson) who scours remote highways and backroads for human prey. Walter Campbell wrote the screenplay.
Nick Wechsler and James Wilson produced Under the Skin.
Earlier at the festival, A24 snapped up U.S. rights for the Tom Hardy starrer Locke for $1.25 million. (A24 is owned by Guggenheim Partners, parent company of The Hollywood Reporter.)
Under the Skin made its Toronto debut late Monday night.
CAA and WME co-repped the film.
UTA is handling The F Word.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Isabel Lucas & Jim Sturgess Bring 'Electric Slide' to Tribeca Film Fest!
- Sofia Vergara's 'Fading Gigalo' Threesome Scene: I Was a Little Nervous!
- Leighton Meester Enjoyed Easter Dinner with Husband Adam Brody - Find Out the Romantic Details! (Exclusive)
- Emma Stone Publicly Questions Boyfriend Andrew Garfield's Views on Femininity - Watch Now!