Toronto Buyers Hot for Lars von Trier's Porno 'Nymphomaniac'
The hardcore feature exploring female sexuality, expected to star Stellan Skarsgard, pre-sells to the U.K., Poland, Czech Republic and Benelux.
COLOGNE, Germany - International buyers are hot for Lars von Trier's porno project Nymphomaniac. Sales agent TrustNordisk closed several pre-sale deals for the still-in-development feature from the controversial Danish director at the Toronto Film Festival.
Artificial Eye in the U.K., Poland's Gutek Film, Aero Films in the Czech Republic and Wild Bunch in Benelux grabbed rights for the feature, along with Insomina for ex-Yugoslavian territories. Central Partnership picked up Russian rights to Nymphomaniac ahead of the Toronto fest. Nymphomaniac is still in pre-production.
Von Trier is expected to deliver a script by the end of the year and begin shooting next summer. Long-time collaborator Stellan Skarsgard (Thor) has said von Trier has asked him to play the male lead. Von Trier is expected to deliver two cuts of the film, described as an "explicit exploration of female sexuality aged 0 to 50": one hardcore and a softer version for mainstream release.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother