Toronto: 'Cold Eyes' Producer Spackman Entertainment Seeks Singapore Listing
The Canadian-backed Korean movie producer is eyeing an Asian market flotation ahead of TIFF gala treatment for its box-office hit from directors Jo Eui-seok and Kim Byeong-seo.
TORONTO – As Spackman Equities Group's Korean movie title Cold Eyes gets set for gala treatment at the upcoming Toronto International Film Festival, the Canadian-backed film producer is seeking a stock market listing in Singapore.
The Spackman Equities subsidiary Spackman Entertainment Group has tapped PrimePartners Corporate Finance to secure a listing on the Catalist board in Singapore.
Spackman Entertainment owns and runs Zip Cinema, which produced Cold Eyes, from directors Jo Eui-seok and Kim Byeong-seo.
Cold Eyes stars Seol Kyeong-gu, Jung Woo-sung, Han Hyo-joo, and Junho, of the K-pop group 2PM, are expected to be on hand in Toronto to help launch the Spackman Entertainment title internationally.
Cold Eyes has sold 5.4 million tickets at the Korean box office since debuting on July 3, according to Spackman Entertainment.
The Spackman Equities subsidiary also runs a second Korean movie producer, Opus Pictures, which invested in Snowpiercer, Bong Joon-ho's first English-language feature.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR