Toronto: Download THR's Day 1 'Daily'
In THR's first Toronto festival daily, TIFF ramps up security after Cannes' jewel heists, Jason Bateman discusses directing himself in "Bad Words," and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson becomes McG's "Fall Guy."
Cannes Heists Fray Toronto Nerves
The jewelry heists that rattled the Cannes Film Festival in May have prompted new concerns as TIFF gets underway. Security in Toronto during the fest likely will be tighter than in recent years, and when it comes to protecting the stars, the major hotels and jewel insurers say no amount of precaution is too much.
Q&A: Jason Bateman
Hollywood's go-to funnyman discusses his directorial debut, Bad Words, and gambling on casting himself: "If I get it wrong, I can only blame me."
The Rock Is McG's "Fall Guy"
The long-in-the-works movie version of 1980s TV series The Fall Guy is coming together once again, this time as a vehicle for Dwayne Johnson. Johnson, formerly known as The Rock, is in negotiations to star in a big-screen remake that McG is in talks to direct.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR