Toronto: Entertainment One Takes Worldwide Rights to 'Watermark' Doc
The Canadian distributor will handle international sales of the film by Edward Burtynsky and Jennifer Baichwal.
TORONTO -- Entertainment One has picked up the worldwide rights to the Canadian documentary Watermark by Jennifer Baichwal and Edward Burtynsky, ahead of its world premiere at the Toronto Film Festival.
Entertainment One Films International will handle international sales of the film, excluding Canada, where Mongrel Media will release.
The documentary about how water shapes humanity is a follow-up to Manufactured Landscapes, also by photographer Burtynsky and filmmaker Baichwal.
“We’re delighted to secure international sales rights for Watermark and add it to our strong offering in advance of [the Toronto Film Festival],” said Charlotte Mickie, executive vp of Entertainment One Films International.
Watermark is being produced by Sixth Wave Productions' Nicholas de Pencier and Daniel Iron.
The distribution deal was negotiated by Mickie for Entertainment One, and Iron and de Pencier for Sixth Wave.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Jem & the Holograms' Leading Cast Revealed: Aubrey Peeples, Stefanie Scott, & More!
- Novak Djokovic Expecting First Child with Fiancee Jelena Ristic!
- Suki Waterhouse Gets Leggy at the Burberry Shanghai Launch with Cara Delevingne
- Isabel Lucas is Picture Perfect with Jim Sturgess at Tribeca Film Fest!