Toronto: eOne Adding Foreign Sales of 'The F Word' After CBS Films Deal
The Canadian distributor is negotiating deals for Japan, Australia, South Korea and Taiwan following a world premiere last weekend.
TORONTO -- After UTA earlier this week sold the Daniel Radcliffe-starrer The F Word to CBS Films for the U.S., Entertainment One Films International has completed a raft of deals for Micheal Dowse's romantic comedy after a world bow at Toronto International Film Festival.
Besides Canada and the U.K., eOne will release the film in Australia/New Zealand, Benelux and Spain as it feeds its own international distribution pipeline.
And eOne has bids from distributors in Japan, Australia, South Korea and Taiwan.
The film is a coming-of-age comedy about a medical school dropout (Radcliffe) who is a hopeless romantic repeatedly burned by bad relationships.
Other major sales for The F Word include Telepool taking German-speaking Europe, SND for France, Carmen for CIS and the Baltic market, Sun Distribution for Latin America and HGC Entertainment for China.
The F Word also stars Adam Driver, Zoe Kazan and Rafe Spall.
David Gross produced the film along with Macdara Kelleher and Andre Rouleau.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David