Toronto: The Exchange Takes International Sales Rights to Jay Z's 'Made in America' Doc
The deal comes ahead of the film's festival premiere and U.S. TV debut on Showtime.
TORONTO – The Exchange has picked up the international sales rights to Jay Z's Made in America documentary, directed by Ron Howard.
"The music of Made in America and the inspiration for this event concert are simply fantastic. The Exchange team is proud to bring this highly commercial film to our international buyers," said Brian O'Shea, CEO of The Exchange in a statement on Thursday.
The deal allows the star-studded documentary about Jay Z’s two-day 2012 Philadelphia music festival of the same name to be shopped internationally by the distributor.
Made in America, executive produced by the music mogul, will debut at the Toronto Film Festival on Sept. 7, ahead of a TV debut on Showtime on Friday, Oct. 11.
The doc was produced by RadicalMedia and Participant Media and features performances and interviews with Kanye West, D'Angelo, Dirty Projectors, The Hives, Pearl Jam and Run-D.M.C., among others, on the theme of making it in America.
Howard and his Imagine Entertainment partner Brian Grazer also executive produced.
The deal for the international sales rights to Made in America was brokered by CAA and The Exchange's Laura Ivey and Max Leeds.
The Exchange is the international sales agent for James Ponsoldt’s The Spectacular Now, which stars Shailene Woodley and Miles Teller.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10