Toronto: Festival Books First-Night Screening For J.D. Salinger Documentary
The Scotiabank Theater showing follows a buzzy launch for the Weinstein Co. release at Telluride.
TORONTO -- Telluride's buzzy launch for Shane Salerno’s Salinger has earned the documentary an opening-night slot at the Toronto Film Festival.
The movie about best-selling Catcher in the Rye author J.D. Salinger, distributed by The Weinstein Co., will receive a "special screening" on Thursday, September 5 at 8 p.m. at the Scotiabank Theater.
That will come before the film's theatrical release on Friday, September 6.
Tickets for the Toronto sneak preview started going on sale Wednesday afternoon.
Salerno's documentary tells the story of Salinger's life through interviews with friends, lovers, historians, journalists and publishing-industry insiders
The 38th Toronto Film Festival will run from Sept. 5-15.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Nurse Jackie" Is At Its Most Dramatic This Season
- Non-Newtonian Fluids Rock Out As Stars Of Jack White's New Music Video
- Dave Attell's 'Road Work' & 'Comedy Underground' Bring His Raw, Unfiltered Style Back To TV
- James Cameron: The Scripts For All Three 'Avatar' Sequels Are Almost Done, Plus More Reddit AMA Highlights