Toronto 2012: Download THR's Day 1 'Daily'
In Day 1 of the Toronto Festival Dailies, Snoop Dogg reveals the lessons he learned while making his new doc "Reincarnated," FilmNation announces plans to adapt the popular children's book "A Tale Dark & Grimm," and Exclusive Media launches a new distribution shingle.
Snoop: What I Learned About Making Movies
The Doggfather goes to Jamaica, returns reborn as Snoop Lion. The story may sound like it warrants a cymbal crash at the end, but Snoop Dogg's trip to the birthplace of cultural icon Bob Marley was anything but a joke. The 40-year-old rapper, actor, entrepreneur and, yes, smoker, headed to the Caribbean island to write and record music, but he ended up with a documentary, Reincarnated, which debuts Friday at Toronto. (Watch the trailer above.)
Popular Children’s Book 'Tale Dark & Grimm' Headed to Big Screen
FilmNation Entertainment and Kamala Films are teaming to turn Adam Gidwitz’s popular children’s book A Tale Dark & Grimm into a live-action feature. Jon Gunn (My Date With Drew) and John W. Mann (Mercy Streets) will write the adapted screenplay.
Exclusive Media Launches U.S. Distribution Shingle
There's a new player in the domestic distribution and acquisitions arena. Exclusive Media is launching Exclusive Releasing, a U.S. distribution company to be headed by veteran executives Scott Pascucci and Matt Brodlie. Insiders say Exclusive Releasing likely will acquire Millennium Films’ distribution division, giving it instant infrastructure.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR