Toronto Flashback: Maggie and Jake Gyllenhaal
The siblings both brought films to the festival in 2002.
In 2002, the siblings of the year at Toronto International Film Festival were Maggie Gyllenhaal and Jake Gyllenhaal.
Both were on hand with small films premiering at the festival. (Michael Moore's Bowling for Columbine got all the buzz that year.)
She had Secretary where she plays a young woman with masochistic tendencies; he had Moonlight Mile in which he copes with the death of his fiancée.
Not exactly light frothy films, but they received decent reviews and both went on to do much bigger productions — she with The Dark Knight; he with Brokeback Mountain.
Maggie Gyllenhaal will return to Toronto this year with Hysteria, a romantic comedy about the invention of the world's first vibrator in Victorian-era England. Hugh Dancy and Rupert Everett co-star.
Hysteria was written by Stephen Dyer, Jonah Lisa Dyer and Howard Gensler, and directed by Tanya Wexler.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR