Toronto to Host James Bond Anniversary Exhibition
Bell Lightbox is to celebrate the British film franchise's 50 years with a blockbuster showcase of movie sets, gadgets and cars.
Toronto – The Toronto International Film Festival has booked an exhibition to celebrate 50 years of James Bond films.
Bell Lightbox, the fest's year-round headquarters, will give Designing 007 – Fifty Years of Bond Style its North American premiere from Oct. 26, 2012 to Jan. 20, 2013.
The Bond anniversary show, which originated at London’s Barbican Center, features everything 007, from movie sets and costumes to gadgets and car design.
“This in-depth examination of one of the most significant film and cultural icons of all time will offer new and familiar visitors an unprecedented look at the cutting-edge design and décor of the Bond legacy, charting its influence on contemporary society and on the action genre as a whole,” TIFF artistic director Noah Cowan said on news of the Bell Lightbox James Bond exhibition.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Emmy Rossum & Zoey Deutch Celebrate with Jimmy Choo at their CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Zoe Saldana Is Pregnant with Fear in 'Rosemary's Baby' Trailer!
- Television Legend Valerie Harper 'Absolutely Cancer Free' After Battle with Terminal Brain Cancer
- Keri Russell's 'The Americans' Renewed for Third Season by FX!