Toronto: Hugh Jackman Big Fan of Oscar Night Accountants
The "Prisoners" star recalled his father working for PricewaterhouseCoopers, and his family cheering when the briefcase with winners arrived at the Academy Awards.
TORONTO -- Hugh Jackman gave a shout out to Oscar accountants at a Saturday presser.
The X-Men star was coy about possibly earning an Academy Awards nomination for his star-turn in Warner Bros.' Prisoners.
But Jackson recalled at the Prisoner presser at the Toronto International Film Festival how his father worked in Australia for PricewaterhouseCoopers, whose accountants carry briefcases filled with the names of winners to the Academy Awards.
The Jackman family used to stand and applaud each year when the button-downed accountants walked out onto the Oscar stage.
"We used to stand up on our couch and cheer when the accountants came out. That was a big moment for us. I remember saying to my dad, 'one day, dad, you're going to be there," Jackman recalled.
It turns out his father did get to the Oscars when Jackman hosted the ceremony in 2009, and even gave a shout-out from the podium.
"But he wasn't even listening to me. Sophia Loren was sitting next to him," he added.
The Toronto International Film Festival runs to September 15.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR