Toronto: Justin Bieber Doc 'Believe' Gets Top-Secret Screening
The look at director Jon M. Chu's second documentary on the teen phenomenon was hidden from ever-ravenous Beliebers at the fest.
International buyers and Beliebers lined up alongside one another Saturday for the first glimpse of Justin Bieber’s Believe at a special screening mounted by IM Global at the Cineplex in Toronto. The screening, whose location was kept under wraps for fears that it would be swamped by the singer’s legions of fans, gave the attendees a first glimpse of the documentary, a mix of concert footage and interviews about the now-controversial pop star’s rise to fame.
In a savvy marketing move, industryites rubbed shoulders with fans, providing insiders with an idea of how the movie might play in theaters. At the Cineplex in Toronto at about 5 p.m. Saturday the gaggle of “Beliebers” were joined by buyers for the movie directed by Jon M. Chu.
Tight security saw purses and backpacks searched and cell phones and similar electronic devices checked at the door. IM Global’s wide-release label, Opus, is handling worldwide sales and Open Road is releasing it domestically. Chu’s first doc about Bieber, Never Say Never, grossed nearly $100 million in 2011.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!