Toronto: Kazakhstan Director Akan Satayev to Helm Canadian Indie 'Hacker'
Brillstein Entertainment Partners is to executive produce the $5 million pic from Know Rules Media.
TORONTO – Kazakhstani director Akan Satayev has signed on to direct the $5 million theatrical feature Hacker, which will be executive produced by Brillstein Entertainment Partners.
Satayev, who directed the Kazakhstan best foreign language film entries Strayed and Myn Bala, will lens the Canadian indie drama based on real events about a young immigrant who gets involved with a cyber criminal organization called DarkWeb.
Hacker is produced by Sanzhar Sultanov's indie production shingle Know Rules Media, which is backed by Canadian venture capitalist Loudon Owen. Financing for the project will come from Timur Meirambekov, Zhanbolat Serikov and Kenges Rakishev, on behalf of Mobli.
Hacker is now in preproduction, with shooting set to start late fall 2013 in various locations including New York, Toronto, Dubai and Bangkok.
No word on casting.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game