Toronto: Keanu Reeves, Johnnie To Will Headline Asian Film Summit
The "Man of Tai Chi" director and his Hong Kong counterpart are set to take part in the one-day TIFF event.
TORONTO – Keanu Reeves, Hong Kong director Johnnie To and Blindness executive producer Tatsumi "Tom" Yoda are to headline the Asian Film Summit at the upcoming Toronto International Film Festival, organizers said Thursday.
Reeves will be in Toronto for the North American premiere of his U.S.-China co-production Man of Tai Chi.
The Asian Film Summit will take place on Tuesday, Sept. 10, at the Shangri-La Hotel as the event, now in its second year, looks to build bridges between Asian and Western filmmakers.
The conference will also host Michael Lake, CEO of Pinewood Iskandar Malaysia Studios, Reliance Big Pictures CEO Sanjeev Lamba and Canadian producer Shan Tam of Finding Mr. Right.
Marco Mueller, producer and the artistic director of the Rome Film Festival, will conduct an informal interview with Johnnie To about international filmmaking and global audiences.
The Toronto International Film Festival runs from Sept. 5 to 15.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR