Toronto: Macdonald Brothers' Rivalry Extends Beyond Festival
Kevin is a director, Andrew a producer -- both are in Toronto screening films that will see theatrical releases on the same day this year.
Oscar-winning director Kevin Macdonald and his film-producer brother Andrew are both in Toronto over the coming days, armed with festival buzz titles.
Kevin lands with thriller How I Live Now, starring Saoirse Ronan, while Andrew is in town ahead of the screening of musical Sunshine on Leith. But it may be that the family gathering will carry a bit of tension.
When they return to the U.K., the Macdonald brothers will be ushering each title into theaters on the same day, Oct. 4. At least the two movies are going after different audiences.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kate Beckinsale Films 'Absolutely Anything' Alongside a Really Really Nice Car!
- Usher Narrows Down 'The Voice' Live Show Performers to Just Three - Meet Team Usher!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Help Plant a Tree in Australia!
- Sam Claflin Promotes 'The Quiet Ones' at His 'Meet The Actors' Session in NYC!