Toronto: Magnolia Promotes Peter Van Steemburg, John Von Thaden
The two acquisitions execs will be part of the distributor's team covering the Toronto Film Festival.
Magnolia Pictures has promoted Peter Van Steemburg to VP, acquisitions and John Von Thaden to director, acquisitions. The two had been serving as acquisitions director and manager, respectively.
“In this occasionally unwieldy corner of the business, Peter and John truly help me sleep at night with an almost preternatural instinct for Magnolia’s unique interests backed up by stellar work ethics,” Dori Begley, SVP, acquisitions, said.
Van Steemburg joined Magnolia Pictures/Magnet Releasing in 2008. Prior to that, he held positions in international sales for Miramax Films and the film finance department at Cinetic Media. Recently at Magnolia/Magnet he participated in the negotiation of such films as The Hunter, Drinking Buddies, Europa Report, and the upcoming titles Bad Milo!, Nymphomaniac, and Alan Partridge.
Von Thaden joined Magnolia Pictures/Magnet Releasing in 2011, following industry positions in New York and Los Angeles including IFC Films and New Line Cinema.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR