Toronto: Martial Arts Epic 'Wrath of Vajra' Inks Global Rights Deals
The film is scheduled for release in late September in China.
HONG KONG – Media Asia's martial arts epic The Wrath of Vajra has inked all rights deals in Toronto with Sky Films in Taiwan, Zoom Entertainment Network in India, Westec Media in Cambodia and Golden Yellow Tree in Myanmar.
The deals were closed after a private market screening during the Toronto Film Festival.
The film is directed by Law Wing-cheong (Tactical Unit – The Code) and stars the 32nd generation Shaolin monk Shi Yanneng (aka Xing Yu, Kung Fu Hustle), South Korean pop star Steve Seungjun Yoo (Little Big Soldier) and South Korean breakdancer Nam "Poppin" Hyun-joon (Fly, Daddy, Fly).
The Wrath of Vajra is set in the 1930s and tells the story of an elite assassin's revenge on the deadly Japanese cult that kidnapped him as a child.
The film has previously closed presale deals with Well Go USA for North America, Sonamu Pictures for South Korea and Splendid Film for Germany and Benelux.
The Wrath of Vajra is set for release in China in late September.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR