Toronto Mayor Rob Ford Temporarily Stuck in Hotel Elevator
The pratfall-prone politician was freed after 45 minutes, marking his latest calamity after getting caught up in yet another cellphone footage scandal on Monday.
TORONTO -- Toronto mayor Rob Ford on Thursday got the privacy he demanded after earlier this week getting caught up in yet another cellphone footage scandal.
The embattled politician got stuck in an elevator in a downtown hotel, and arrived an hour late for a business luncheon.
Ford thanked the Economic Club of Canada for “getting me locked in the elevator for 45 minutes," before launching into his usual stump speech.
Ford spokesman Amin Massoudi told reporters they were stuck in the Hilton Hotel service elevator for 45 minutes, with no cellphone service to alert rescuers.
"I'm sorry for getting you stuck in an elevator," the Economic Club of Canada spokeswoman told the mayor after he ended a brief address.
The latest debacle for the mayor comes three days after a video posted to YouTube showed a rambling and swearing Ford speaking in a Jamaican patois as he disparaged Toronto police chief Bill Blair in a Toronto fast food joint.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR