Toronto: NFP Buys 'Faith Connections' for Germany
The indie distributor picked up Indian director Pan Nalin's exploration of religious devotion after a world premiere Friday night.
TORONTO -- NFP has picked up the German rights to Indian director Pan Nalin's Faith Connections documentary, which had its world premiere at the Toronto International Film Festival on Friday.
The deal with sales agent Cite Films hands NFP a Hindi-language film that explores varied paths of devotion converging at the Kumbh Mela, an Indian holy event.
“This wonderful film opens you heart; it's the perfect film for the huge spiritual and yoga community in Germany," said Christoph Ott, vp of NFP marketing and distribution, in a statement Monday.
Cite also reports offers for the France-India co-production from Canada, India, Benelux, Brazil and Argentina.
Faith Connections already has been sold to France's Sophie Dulac Distribution and Filmcoopi in Switzerland.
The documentary is produced by Gaurav Dhingra of Jungle Book Entertainment India and Raphael Berdugo of Cite Films France.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)