Toronto: Private Screening of 'Enough Said' Arranged for James Gandolfini Family
Director Nicole Holofcener arranged a sneak preview of the film for those close to the late actor.
Romantic comedy Enough Said, James Gandolﬁni’s next-to-last film, had its world premiere Saturday. But three weeks ago, distributor Fox Searchlight quietly arranged an even more important screening in Hollywood for the late actor’s wife, Deborah Lin, and other members of his family.
Given Gandolfini’s sudden death June 19 in Rome, the film’s director, Nicole Holofcener, says his family was nervous about seeing the completed film. “But they really liked it. I’m so happy,” she tells The Hollywood Reporter. “They felt like they got to spend more time with him in a way that was close to what he really was.”
Still, Holofcener herself remains concerned that the actor’s death could cast a pall on the movie. “I feared that people would think I was being mean and insensitive,” she says, “because there’s a lot of stuff about his character being overweight and not good enough. But he really rises to the occasion, and the character has real integrity.”
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR