Toronto: Roadside Picks Up U.S. Rights to Thriller 'Therese'
Elizabeth Olsen and Oscar Isaac star in Charlie Stratton's film, which was produced by LD Entertainment.
Roadside Attractions has acquired U.S. theatrical distribution rights to Charlie Stratton's romantic thriller Therese.
Starring Elizabeth Olsen, Oscar Isaac, Tom Felton and Jessica Lange, Therese will have its world premiere Saturday, Sept. 7, at the Toronto International Film Festival.
The film, which was financed and produced by LD Entertainment, marks Stratton's feature directorial debut. It follows a beautiful young woman named Therese (Olsen) who is trapped in a loveless marriage to her sickly cousin (Felton) by her domineering aunt (Lange). When Therese meets her husband's childhood friend (Isaac), she embarks on an illicit affair.
Based on Emile Zola’s novel Thérèse Raquin, the film is produced by Mickey Liddell, Pete Shilaimon and William Horberg.
“We have always loved this script and have been actively tracking Therese since it was being developed,” said Roadside co-president Howard Cohen in a statement. “We are excited to be distributing Therese and to continue our collaborative relationship with LD Entertainment.”
Roadside will oversee the marketing and distribution of the film in collaboration with LD’s president of distribution David Dinerstein.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR