Toronto: Submarine and HanWay Select Teams to Tout U.S. Photographer Vivian Maier Doc
The feature-length tale, which recounts the discovery of the Chicago native's photos and the subsequent art world, will debut during TIFF.
TORONTO -- U.S. sales agent, producer and distributor Submarine Entertainment and U.K.-based sales label HanWay Select have teamed up to deliver Finding Vivian Maier.
The documentary, about the secret street-photographer Vivian Maier, whose work took the international art scene by storm after being discovered in a container unit, marks its world debut during TIFF.
Co-directed by John Maloof and Charlie Siskel, the doc features how Maloof, an amateur historian, uncovered thousands of Maier's negatives at an auction house and brought the Chicagoan's work and life to the world.
According to The New York Times' Michael Kimmelman, Maier's work ranks her alongside "the great American midcentury street photographers."
The worldwide sales deal was negotiated by David Koh and Josh Braun of Submarine Entertainment on behalf of the producers and directors, along with HanWay Select director of sales and distribution Fabien Westerhoff.
Prior to the sales pact, Submarine sold U.S. rights to IFC Films/Sundance Selects and Canadian rights to Films We Like.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)