Torres to helm Latino version of 'Sensibility'
Fina Torres is set to direct a contemporary, Latino version of Jane Austen's "Sense and Sensibility" to be called "Sense and Senibilidad" for Camelot Pictures and Odd Lot Entertainment. Torries will direct the project, set in Los Angeles, from a script she wrote with Luis Alfaro ("Electricidad").
Gary Gilbert, a principal in Camelot, will produce with Odd Lot principals Deborah Deborah Del Prete and Gigi Pritzker. Odd Lot's Linda McDonough will co-produce.
Torres, repped by Keith Redmond at Anonymous Content and the law firm of Lichter, Grossman, Nichols & Adler, made her feature directorial debut with the 1985 drama "Oriana," which she also wrote and produced. She went on to direct Penelope Cruz in 2000's "Woman on Top."
"Fina and Luis have crafted a moving and culturally poignant screenplay based on a classic novel," Del Prete said. "We are extremely excited with Fina's vision and very much look forward to supporting her in bringing a present-day version of Jane Austen's work to the big screen," Gilbert added.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR