'Touch': Gugu Mbatha-Raw Cast Opposite Kiefer Sutherland
The former "Undercovers" lead fills out the cast of the likely mid-season Fox drama.
British actress Gugu Mbatha-Raw has been cast opposite Kiefer Sutherland in Fox's drama pilot Touch.
The project, written by Heroes' Tim Kring, revolves around a father (Sutherland) and his autistic, mute son who can predict events before they happen. Mbatha-Raw is set to play a social worker with child and family services who is accessing the son's living conditions. David Mazouz (Amish Grace) and Danny Glover (Lethal Weapon) fill out the cast as the son and his teacher, respectively.
Production was stalled as the former 24 star was consumed by a Broadway revival of Jason Miller’s That Championship Season. Given both the strength of the script as well as Sutherland's star power, it is widely viewed as a sure-thing for Fox's midseason schedule.
Mbatha-Raw, who is best known stateside for her recent work on J.J. Abrams' NBC drama Undercovers, is repped by CAA and Principal Entertainment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR