Six Films Selected for Toulouse Films in Progress 21 Competition
Unfinished projects by Latin American filmmakers vie for post-production funds.
MADRID - Six films from Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico and Uruguay have been selected to compete in the Films in Progress section of the 21st edition of the Rencontres Cinémas d’Amérique Latine in Toulouse, jointly organized with San Sebastian Film Festival. Organizers will mount the second part of this twice-yearly rendezvous, Films in Progress 22, at San Sebastian in September of 2012.
Among the entries, Francisco Garcia's Cores (Brazil) examines friendship and disappointment, Manuel Nieto's El Lugar del hijo (Uruguay/Argentina) documents a personal journey filtered through a character's inheritance, and Sebastian Hofmann's Halley (Mexico) analyzes mortality. Additionally, William Vega's La Sirga (Colombia/ France/ Mexico), Anna Guevara and Leticia Jorge's Tanta agua (Uruguay/Mexico/Holland) and Gonzalo Tobal's Villegas (Argentina/Holland/France ) were selected from the 118 films that vied for spots in the competition.
The initiative, which screens promising, unfinished Latin American films to buyers at Toulouse March 29 and 30, awards the winner of the competition with post-production funds to complete his or her film.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother