About Town: 'Burlesque'
'Burlesque' premiere in Hollywood on November 15
Screen Gems President Clint Culpepper said the Burlesque premiere was “like going to gay Christmas.” Cher, he added, calls it “Gaytasia.” Gay or not, crowds came to Grauman’s (plus one overflow theater) for the over-the-top, outrageously costumed musical. Hundreds of fans screamed wildly when Cher crossed Hollywood Boulevard for a regal walk-by; Christina Aguilera did the walk plus autographs. Kathy Griffin called the tale of dueling divas “a musical prize fight” and quipped Burlesque could become “The Hangover for gays.” The afterparty was at Drai’s (if only the food were as good as the views), where producer Donald De Line said, “Women love it, and men love it when we get them in the theaters.” According to guest Adam Shankman, the film has the essential element for a musical: “The audience leaving with a sense of joy.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Lindsay Lohan Misses Her AA Meeting, Blames Paparazzi On Premiere Of OWN Series (VIDEO)
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed